Access to Information

inside Vari Hall

General Requests for Access to Information

York faculty, staff, students, and members of the general public may make formal or informal requests for access to information in the custody or under the control of the University.

If you wish to make a formal request under FIPPA, refer to the instructions and complete the form below.

  1. How to request access to information or correction of personal information under FIPPA
  2. Fees for access to information
  3. Access to Information Request Form (fillable PDF)

(Before using fillable PDFs, please see Using Fillable Forms on this Website.)

Guidelines for Units Responding to Access Requests

When a request for access to information under FIPPA has been made to a unit of the University, those units should refer to the Guidelines for Units Responding to Access to Information Requests.

Access to Personal Information

For information on making a request for access to (or correction of) personal information, click on Step 1 above. You may also consult the Personal Information Banks (PIBs) at York University.


If you are seeking access to personal information (or personal health information) for a research purpose, refer to the appropriate protocol:


In accordance with the Guidelines on Access to Student Records and Protection of Privacy, if you are a current student seeking access to your student records, direct your inquiry to Registrarial Services.