General Requests for Access to Information
York faculty, staff, students, and members of the general public may make formal or informal requests for access to information in the custody or under the control of the University.
If you wish to make a formal request under FIPPA, refer to the instructions and complete the form below.
- How to request access to information or correction of personal information under FIPPA
- Fees for access to information
- Access to Information Request Form (fillable PDF)
(Before using fillable PDFs, please see Using Fillable Forms on this Website.)
During the COVID-19 pandemic, non-essential University faculty and staff are working remotely to reduce the spread of the virus, and to protect employees’ own health and safety.For information on how this may have an impact on the processing of requests or submitting requests by mail please email us at email@example.com.
Guidelines for Units Responding to Access Requests
When a request for access to information under FIPPA has been made to a unit of the University, those units should refer to the Guidelines for Units Responding to Access to Information Requests.
Access to Personal Information
For information on making a request for access to (or correction of) personal information, click on Step 1 above. You may also consult the Personal Information Banks (PIBs) at York University.
If you are seeking access to personal information (or personal health information) for a research purpose, refer to the appropriate protocol:
- Protocol for requesting access to personal information in a York University record for a research purpose (PDF)
- Protocol for requesting access to personal health information in a York University record for a research purpose (PDF)
In accordance with the Policy on Access to Student Records and Protection of Privacy, if you are a current student seeking access to your student records, direct your inquiry to Registrarial Services.